Once a month cooking???

This sounds like something I would enjoy. Have you ever heard of this before? Have you tried it?

I was 'stalking' Youtube looking for slow cooker recipes, when I stumbled across a lady prepping her food for a month! She planned her menu, shopped for her produce, prepped all the ingredients and froze all her meals for the month. Her prep time was like 3hours! Putting in 3 hours of work so my dinner madness hour can be made easier for a month, sounds pretty good to me.

I'm thinking this just might work for us, even if I only did up half a months food to be divided up over the course of 4 weeks. I might sit down and work out a menu and see how it goes.

We have the choice of one, yes one supermarket. Our next closet is Port Augusta, 250km away. If I plan well and time it to coincide with an out of town trip, I might be able to stock up on our produce cheaper then I can here.



*mini farm update*
The building inspection came back today. Things look good and the report has shown work that we have anticipated, so happy with that. It also showed that, although he can see no signs of termite damage, he does mention a few walls in the house push in when lent on. This could be just soft or low quality cladding or termite damage. The owner has said the house has been sprayed yearly for termites. We have a pest inspection on the 5th so will know more then. 

Comments

Popular Posts