Well here I go.
I have been out of action for a few months. We have moved interstate and then again to a remote part of SA for work. As with all good plans a back up is important. After not being able to gain suitable employment in the city we got offered our back up job in outback SA. So here we are. It's hot dusty and full of flies but it is lovely in it's own way.

It's a small town and with the down turn in mining it's smaller again. We are situated 250km from our nearest major centre Port Augusta. The town is only new and recently celebrated it's 25th Birthday. There is a lot of young families here and the school for the boys has been outstanding and the kids have settled in very well. As with a lot of parents who move they worry about how the move and uprooting will affect their kids. The boys are doing very well in school and apart from missing their friends have been OK. We have put them into after school sports to help them make friends. They are enjoying the local swimming pool and basketball teams.

Charlotte is doing well and will start Kindy here next year! She is also excited to start ballet as well. There a quite a few programs for the younger kids here and most days see us heading off to play and make friends in the community.

As for our Farm Dream it is even closer. We have been given the approval of the broker to start shopping for our dream. We head off this weekend in search of the next place we will call home.
We are all very excited as it's been a long time coming! We have worked hard to get this and very shortly it will be a reality. With my husband just starting a new job this means the children and I will do the move onto the property first and my husband will come on weekends until suitable work can be attained.

What a year this has been 2013 has been full on. To tell you the truth I am sick of moving. I don't want to see another box again. I will however make an exception for the farm move ;) So bring on the next few months of searching for the perfect property. I've been slack with my camera so will upload pictures of the town when I get around to it. Here are a few pics from my phone.









Comments

Popular Posts