Home made laundry powder.

For a very long time I have been making my own laundry powder. I find it fast easy and it works well. It also saves money so a plus there.
I thought I would share with you how I make it as I have had many friends and family ask so I thought I could just direct them here.
This recipe is a very popular one and I see it pop up all over the net.

This will take you under 5 mins to make!
So you'll need
2 cups of Borax
2 cups of Washing Soda
1 bar of laundry soap.
You can also add some essential oil but I was out so will add some later. 
All of these items are available in your laundry aisle at your local supermarket. Sometimes they can be a bit tricky to see though.





Firstly grate your soap on a cheese grater. I was grating mine in my food processor but started worrying about how hard the soap was and it damaging the motor.




Then I put the grated soap into my food processor along with the borax, washing soda and oil.
Then whizz it up until it's nice and fine.






Then you pour it into a container to store. I use an old laundry powder bucket.

Use 1/2 - 1 tablespoon per load of washing depending on size of load.






I haven't looked back since making it. I will do up a costing shortly to add as it's been a while since I did the original costing but it works out roughly to 8-10 cents a load.

Comments

Popular Posts