Shopping.

Today is shopping day. One of my goals this year is to be more organised with my shopping and to waste little to no food. This is good not only for the environment but our budget plus I feel awful when I chuck out food that has been forgotten in the bottom of the fridge. I plan on doing a 'food waste Friday' post to keep me honest!

 To help me with this goal I have done a monthly meal plan. This will enable me to buy my meat in bulk and freeze into meal sized portions. Great for convenience and the pocket. I will however still shop weekly for groceries and fresh fruit and vegetales. I was able to plan easy dinners on days I know we will be busy and this will prevent a trip out for takeaway which can cost us $50 a go saving us $200 a month for our property.

I have written a detailed shopping list with the amounts of all the stuff I need from the fresh produce section. One thing I seem to think and need to break the habit of is seeing say a bag of carrots for only 99c and thinking 'what a saving' but if I chuck half the bag out then it's not. With fresh produce I will now only buy what I need. 

Meal planning and writing my shopping list.



Comments

Popular Posts